Friday, April 29, 2011

Physics




I have just finished Watchmen the comic book, assigned as a required reading in my pop lit class eons ago but I didn't bother to read. It was a pleasure actually, considering the efforts of the comic writer (Alan Moore) and artist (David Gibbons)(411 pages!) What sets this book apart is that its heroes are a bunch of loonies and psychopaths.

This week I also bumped into an article on the most baffling superheroes around the world wherein two out of six came from the Philippines: Flash Bomba, Mars Ravelo's paraplegic tikbalang-killer; and Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, Carlo Vergara's non-flying, tranny Darna.

Still, my loyalty remains to Superman since he's, like, Super. Duh. He does not even deserve membership to the Justice League since he can do everything his colleagues can. With one hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment